- Children's Christmas program
- Field trips
- Junior Achievement – grades Kindergarten through 8
- Classroom choirs
- Student council - Grades 5 - 8
- Band - Grades 5 - 8
- D.A.R.E. -- Grade 5
- Outdoor education – Grades 6 - 8
- Praise Choir – Grades 6 - 8
- Theater - Grades 5 – 8
- Iowa First Science Fair – Grade 5
- Team sports - Grades 5-8 - boys and girls soccer, flag football, cross country, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, track and field.
All students have a music period either once or twice each week, depending on the grade level. This class time is used to teach music appreciation and technique. This instruction may be combined with choir rehearsals just prior to our large music performances.
Students in grades 5 – 8 may participate in our band program. Fifth grade students participate in the beginning band. Sixth grade students may move to the concert band. There is a band fee of $100 for the year. In addition to two group sessions each student also receives small group or a private session. Performances occur throughout the school year, including several concerts at Trinity. Students receive a grade for participation which includes performances.