At Trinity we are one ministry – the church and school – where the Lord uses His Word of life to give hope and comfort to people. Our focus is God’s Book – the Bible, the true and trustworthy Word of God that records God’s love for the world through His Son. Watch the following video and learn more about who we are
Trinity Lutheran’s worship services – centered on the Word and Sacrament, which includes weekly communing – are on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and on Sundays at 8 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. Trinity also has a 12:15 p.m. condensed Sunday service – offered on the first, third and fifth Sundays of the month. Our 8 a.m. Sunday service is live-streamed on our Facebook page.
What We Believe
Trinity Lutheran – a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod – teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God:
The Father: Creator of all that exists.
The Son: Jesus Christ, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all humans and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan.
The Holy Spirit: The creator of faith through God’s Word and Sacraments.
The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.
Jan. 30, 1870: Evangelical Lutheran Trinity Congregation of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession was established at 8th and Gaines streets in Davenport, Iowa. On the same day, Trinity School was established.
March 1870: A site located at 1036 W. 5th Street in Davenport was purchased, and the first small combination church and school building was erected.
1913: Property at 7th and Vine streets in Davenport is secured. A move was necessary because of growing enrollment. The building was dedicated on Dec. 31,16.
Dec. 1923: Three lots at 15th and Marquette streets in Davenport were purchased for a new church building.
July 1950: Trinity continued its move north, acquiring 40 acres – 15 acres were retained – at Marquette and West Central Park, where Trinity’s current facility is located.
Jan. 20, 1957: The name of our congregation is changed to Trinity Lutheran Church.
1958: Groundbreaking for the first unit of Trinity’s new $350,000 building project at Marquette and West Central Park.
May 3, 1959: A new school education wing – nine classrooms, an auditorium and fully equipped kitchen – was dedicated.
Sept. 9, 1962: Dedication services are held in newly constructed church at West Central Park and Marquette streets.
1985: Groundbreaking for new activity center.