Trinity Lutheran ChurchSchool is a very special place. As a school ministry we hold up the values of Christ, Curriculum, Character, and Community.
First and foremost our school is a special place because we strive to keep Jesus Christ at the center of all things. Our Savior is in the middle of our daily instruction. Christ is at the center of our relationships as well. Jesus in the center means that our students learn how to express their sorrow over their sin and then have the blessing of rejoicing in the wonderful forgiveness that is ours in Christ.
A strong academic program is offered to students so that they can succeed in life. We also believe and teach that students with strong Christian character will be the leaders that are needed for the future of our nation, our churches, and our families.
Finally, we nurture in our students a belief that they can change their community and the world for the better.
We would welcome the opportunity to tell you more about the blessings of Lutheran Education. Please give us a call 563-322-5224 to set up a time to meet.
Learn more about our School
Here’s what parents are saying about our school
Jan. 30, 1870: Evangelical Lutheran Trinity Congregation of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession was established at 8th and Gaines streets in Davenport, Iowa. On the same day, Trinity School was established.
March 1870: A site located at 1036 W. 5th Street in Davenport was purchased, and the first small combination church and school building was erected.
1913: Property at 7th and Vine streets in Davenport is secured. A move was necessary because of growing enrollment. The building was dedicated on Dec. 31,16.
Dec. 1923: Three lots at 15th and Marquette streets in Davenport were purchased for a new church building.
July 1950: Trinity continued its move north, acquiring 40 acres – 15 acres were retained – at Marquette and West Central Park, where Trinity’s current facility is located.
Jan. 20, 1957: The name of our congregation is changed to Trinity Lutheran Church.
1958: Groundbreaking for the first unit of Trinity’s new $350,000 building project at Marquette and West Central Park.
May 3, 1959: A new school education wing – nine classrooms, an auditorium and fully equipped kitchen – was dedicated.
Sept. 9, 1962: Dedication services are held in newly constructed church at West Central Park and Marquette streets.
1985: Groundbreaking for new activity center.
Trinity Lutheran provides students with a faith based education that focuses on:
Students at Trinity Lutheran School have the opportunity to gather weekly in God’s house for chapel. Trinity’s chapel services include hearing and learning about God’s Word, and singing songs. Once a month, Trinity celebrates Baptisms – students will receive a Happy Baptismal Birthday card. Trinity live-streams its weekly chapel services on YouTube – just search Trinity Lutheran Davenport Iowa or click on the button below.